Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge Sign-Up

OK, this is my last year-long challenge for 2017. For real this time -- I'm sure everyone is sick of all the sign-up posts by now!


So at first, I thought this was too similar to the ShelfLove Challenge I am already participating in and didn't think another TBR-type challenge was a good idea. BUT this challenge includes all books published prior to 2017, so I can include my library reads. AND there is a Harry Potter House Cup mini challenge element and, seriously, how fun is that?!?


You make your own goals, there is no specification about type of books, and you earn points based on the number of pages in each book read, so I don't think they are excluding children's picture books (which I read a ton of), however, for my own sanity I am not including them for this challenge. It would be too much to keep track of, and honestly, I think they would start to exclude them if they had to deal with my gazillion picture book submissions!

I logged into my neglected Pottermore account and got myself sorted, so I'm going to join as a Ravenclaw. And while I won't be making a specific list of titles, I will set an overall number goal.

Hosted by Novel Night
Goal: 50 books published prior to 2017

On the one hand, 50 feels overambitious, but on the other hand I listen to a lot of audiobooks and am in two book clubs that typically don't read new releases. So I think 50 is reasonable without being too easy. Anyone want to join me?

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your 2017 Beat the Backlist Challenge!! It looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've really never seen one like it and it was too fun to resist :)

      Delete
  2. Ahh! The Harry Potter House Cup mini challenge element has me VERY interested.. I might have to join in too. :) Already had a goal to work on my owned books so this might help nudge me along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun, right?! I think this would help that goal you already have for sure :)

      Delete
  3. I joined this one too! I'm excited to get started. I'm reading a backlist book currently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! By this challenge's definition of backlist, I will probably read all backlist this year! It's going to be a fun one :)

      Delete
  4. Yay, welcome to Ravenclaw! This challenge sounds amazing. Reading all of your sign-up posts is making my list of challenges longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many fun ones out there, but this one really takes the cake! I thought I would be done after ShelfLove/Book Buying and the two kid lit ones...but... Harry Potter! Now I've added this and the Sherlock one, I really need to be done though others have caught my eye!

      Delete
  5. This is cool, I am doing one similar called Backlist Challenge. I like that I don't have to already own the book..so library and purchase work as long as they published before 1-1-17. Good luck my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the same for this challenge which is a big plus for me! The Harry Potter stuff just was too fun to pass up. Thanks Kim :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)