Sunday, February 25, 2018

March Take Control Of Your TBR Pile Challenge: My Sign-up Post

I don't join too many month-long challenges, but this one hosted by Kimberly over on Caffeinated Reviewer is a favorite. This will actually be the 5th year I participate -- I missed the year I was 8 months pregnant -- hmmmm.... I wonder why?

Anyway, the idea is simple: "for the entire month of March, you focus on reading/listening to books in your TBR pile released before March 1, 2018. They can be eBooks, physical books or audiobooks."

I'm not much of a new release reader, so these rules aren't actually much of a challenge for me. But I am going to add my own focus and try to read only TBR books I own during the month. Different readers define their TBRs differently so there is no rule against library books for this challenge -- just the one I'm self-imposing because my shelves are bursting at the seams :)

Come join!

I usually don't bother with a book list for the month because I'm pretty terrible at sticking to that sort of thing, but there are a few I am definitely planning to read:



Books #2-5 in the Time Quintet are to continue with Top Shelf Text's read-along. I *should* be done with A Wind in the Door before March starts, but in case I lag behind, I'm including it here.

The middle grade novel-in-verse Finding Wonders: Three Girls Who Changed Science is a March Diverse Books Club pick. 

* * * * *

Anyone else joining? What's on your TBR stack for the month?

8 comments:

  1. You inspired me to join the Take Control Of Your TBR Pile Challenge!! My 'to be read' pile is seriously out of control.

    I've selected the following five books to read next month:

    1. All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker (Advance Reader Edition)
    2. Where The Lost Girls Go by R. J. Noonan (Received for FREE through Goodreads)
    3. Pack of Two: The Intricate Bond Between People & Dogs by Caroline Knapp (I need to finish reading this book)
    4. The Devil, The Lovers, & Me: My Life In Tarot by Kimberlee Auerbach (I need to finish reading this book)
    5. The Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8. Lee (I need to finish reading this book)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo! I'm so glad you're joining too! Enjoy those books on your list -- it always feels good to finish some TBR books off :)

      Delete
  2. I am the same. I made a list, but my tbr pile is large enough that I can follow my mood! I do want to finish the Incryptid series on audio though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sounds like neither of us are lacking options! :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you! I'd love to participate in the same way you are doing - just books I own. But since most of my March TBR has turned out to be library books (I had trouble reining myself in), it's not going to happen this month. But I need to do this soon! Maybe I'll just make a personal challenge in April. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would make a great personal challenge! I'm enjoying it so much, I just may do it again on my own. It's so much more realistic to do it for a month here or there than to try to commit to it for a year or something like that -- which would totally backfire for me :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck! I have to read so much for school that I haven't really been reading for fun so I won't be able to participate. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! Someday you'll get to read more for fun again :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think :)